The following measures aim to create an enabling environment for uniformed women personnel at both Headquarters and in the field. Efforts to create an enabling environment underpin all other efforts to meaningfully engage uniformed women in peacekeeping. Some of these strategies require additional resourcing.
- Provide clear and updated information on mechanisms to report and address instances of sexual harassment and ensure awareness of existing guidance in Headquarters and missions, as well as developing and implementing new strategies;
- Ensure focal points are available to provide advice on women specific concerns, and facilitate the creation of uniformed women networks at the mission level;
- Introduce mentorship programmes for P5 and above for women officers in Headquarters and missions;
- Co-locate at least two women uniformed officers in mission team sites where possible; and
- Assess and improve camp accommodation conditions to meet the needs of women.